Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Crunchy In The Pen" (A Work In Regress): PART ONE




"Crunchy In The Pen" (A Work In Regress): PART ONE



"Take care, Crunchy. I can still see you in that playpen in the kitchen reaching your arms out to me to pick you up when I got home from school. Life was much simpler then, wasn't it?"
(Sandy, my big sis)


Actually sis, when I reflect back on those years behind bars, when I was in "the pen," life was just a tad more complex than I think you may have realized.

I faintly remember that mom's ill-conceived scam was supposed to go something like this: while you were at school, she would train me to reach up for you whenever my diaper needed changing by holding up a large photo of you whenever I committed an excretory indiscretion.

Unfortunately (for mom), her diabolical scheme went terribly awry when I naturally took a liking to you and began to reach up for you regardless of my current diaper status and/or contents.

Well, at least that's how I remember it.


FINI, PART ONE

.

No comments: