Sunday, April 5, 2009

the twisted reach of crazy sorrow


http://www.dlackey.org/weblog/images/Bob_Dylan_3-thumb.jpg
... "hey kev - it's me, bob. how can i help? . . . ok - no problem"


...
my weariness amazes me
i'm branded on my feet

i have no one to meet

and this ancient empty street's
too dead for dreaming


i'm ready to go anywhere
i'm ready for to fade

into my own parade
cast your dancing spell my way
i promise to go under it


take me disappearin'
through the smoke rings of my mind

down the foggy ruins of time
far past the frozen leaves

the haunted, frightened trees
out to the windy beach

far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow

yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
with one hand waving free
silhouetted by the sea
circled by the circus sands
with all memory and fate
driven deep beneath the waves
let me forget about today until tomorrow...

.

No comments: