Monday, April 6, 2009

Moby Sock, or . . . In Pursuit Of The Great White Footwear





I just got back from K-Mart where I scored 20 pairs of white socks for 12 dollars.

I know, I know. I'm pretty psyched, too.


My son and I are of the opinion that wearing a pair of fresh new socks is one of the great, yet frequently overlooked, joys of living.


My ex-girlfriend used to tell me the same thing all the time about underwear.


I'm thinking about maybe giving the underwear thing a try if this deal with the socks works out.

By the way . . . this whole "living on the edge/pushing the personal envelope of my life" thing (see "My New Toilet Seat" below) is turning out to be pretty cool.

Thanks to everyone for their support as I continue my journey into uncharted waters on the good ship Comfort Zone Be Damned.


Call me,
Itchymale


"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee
- ye great white beast of habit. I don't give reasons - I give orders! Pusheth yonder envelope and findeth thee thy next big adventure! Damneth the comfort zone! Full speed ahead!"
(A. Hab)


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of the sign, but what the heck kind of documentary is this?? No photos of old socks, new socks, bare feet, nuthin'. Dude, we're waiting....show us how good it feels, don't just *tell* us.

P.S. Good jorb on the Ahab quote. I can't believe you forgot to say anything about "thou damned' sock" though, I am disappointed. Best line in the movie.

marley said...

Well, personally, I thought we were doing just fine in the recliner, but nevertheless "good luck" embarking on your endeavors and shit.