Friday, April 16, 2010

A Call From The "Big Guy"

.

OK folks.

This is huge.

I just got a call from the President of the United States.

That's right, the "Big Guy," Barack Obama just called me.

I guess he heard that I had been following this whole "Tea Party" thing (I suspect that he reads my blog), and since I am retired, and have some time on my hands, he asked for my assistance.



I said: "Whatever you need, Mr. President."

It appears that President Obama would like to "reach out" to Tea Party members - offer an "olive branch" if you will. Specifically, he has noticed many of the "Keep Your Government Hands Off My Medicare!" signs at the Tea Party rallies. He wants to reassure these particular people that he would like to do just that, but since Medicare checks come directly from the federal government, White House staff are having difficulty devising a way to deliver the checks without actually "touching" them (i.e. "keeping their hands off of them").


The best that the inner circle of presidential advisors has been able to come up with is a rather archaic "tong and blow" system. Using this procedure Medicare staff grab parcels of Medicare checks using these lengthy extended tongs, and then they drop the checks into the mail slot. The mail deliverers then take them from house to house, not by carrying them in their leather satchels, but by setting the individual envelopes on the ground (with their own much smaller tongs), dropping to their knees, and then actually blowing the envelopes down the sidewalk.

Although alpha sites show that this system does work, there have been questions raised as to whether the tongs constitute an extension of the "government hands" that the Tea Party people do not want touching their checks.

Oh yeah, and there have also been widespread reports of postal delivery personnel hyperventilating.

President Obama thought that since I am kind of an "idea person" that I might have some "ideas" on how the government can keep their "government hands" off of Medicare checks and yet still deliver them.

I'm putting this out there for everyone. Any thoughts?

And "yes" - you will receive credit for any viable suggestions that you make.

.

No comments: