Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Greatest Rock And Roll Songs, #1

.

Greatest Rock And Roll Songs, #1


Here is 2 minutes and 57 seconds of rock and roll perfection.

A few chords; an instantly memorable guitar riff handed down by the rock gods; cabalistic yet evocative lyrics; and starting at the 1 minute 14 second mark . . .

a grandiose and glorious chorus crescendos for us:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U5BWlCBNS0


"Subspace Biographies"
..Robert Pollard


Has there been a break today,
Stoned comedian Ringo?

Should I put the plates away?

Captain, are you sure they're coming in?


I am quail and quasar

I picked you up on radar
I do my job each day
Empties crushed and fired away


And there is nothing worse than

An undetermined person
Can I abuse you please
it
In my subspace biographies?



.

No comments: