Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pomp And Circumcision





Everyone knows that in English "parade" starts with a "p" but it would appear that in Japanese "parade" starts with a "pee-pee."

That's because today is "National Penis Holiday" in Japan(?!)

Now personally I have always considered *every day* to be "National Penis Day," but I had no idea what the Japanese were up to all these years.


All I can say is this: "Hey guys - too bad you didn't think about teaming up a couple of these parade monstrosities with Mothra back in the mid-60s.
I can't help but think that Japanese culture would have improved tenfold (*at least*) if Mothra would have had some help against Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster (1964)"



. . . . May 7th: Japanese "National Penis Holiday"













"i'm turning japanese
.i think i'm turning japanese
.i really think so"
.(t. vapors)






[A great big shout-out to my good pal Sylvia for bringing this festive occasion to my attention. If there is one thing that we have all learned from Elton, Dionne, Stevie, and Gladys, it's this: "that's what friends are for"]


.

1 comment:

- said...

really? this is... just... well, different.