Sunday, January 10, 2010

It Simply Does Not Get Any Better Than This

.

If I had only three wishes one of them might very well be to be Maceo Parker on saxophone (he comes in at 2:50 right after James says "Play me some popcorn") during the song linked below.

Oh, what the hell. Just give me any spot in the horn section just as long as I get to wear the dark shades:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2OrJWCoonM


"Uh-huh, yeah... popcorn, huh...
Ah, ah, popcorn, oh, oh
Good god, yeah, look it here"
(J. Brown)

You took the words right out of my mouth, James.

The universal power of funk will not be denied!

Everybody go funk yourself! . . . Go on now! . . . GIT!


.

1 comment:

Brian S said...

Nice Story on Clive Stubblefield the other day on Independant Lens (Hope I got those names correct.) He was "the original funky drummer" and played on many of JB's famous songs. Now rappers are sampling (stealing) his drum tracks for many of their songs. He still plays out. It was interesting hearing him describe how they created some of the old songs.