Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The First Song That Made Me Want To Have Sex

.


"I Think We're Alone Now" by Tommy James and the Shondells was the first song that made me want to have sex.


I was usually listening to it alone in my bedroom, so more often than not, I did.

I think that it was the pulsating rhythm of the song that did it to me. Or maybe the part where the boy and the girl "tumble to the ground." Then there's that "the beating of our hearts is the only sound" part. That got me, too.

And of course, there's the cricket sounds that illustrate just how alone the boy and girl are at that point in the song - the point where they "tumble to the ground," that is.

I think that maybe the cricket sounds nailed it for me.

Once the crickets kicked in I pretty much knew there was no turning back.


Please listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM



By the way, here is a photo of me at that time in my life:


Although the song was not playing when the picture was taken, I think that I must have been thinking about it, because as you can readily see from my body language, I am really wanting to have sex . . . really, really bad.

On second thought, if the photo was taken in the early evening, maybe I heard a cricket, and my body simply had a Pavlovian reaction to the sound. That would explain my somewhat tense facial expression and my ready-to-make-sweet-love posture.

I suspect that we will never really know for sure, and this mystery - like so much of rock and roll - will be left for the historians to debate.


Please listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgIB9XRaj0E


.

No comments: