Thursday, September 18, 2008

ANDREW AND THE PRETTY PUNCHERS brought it to me and now I'm going to "bring it (to you)"

[thanks to the buddha den for the photo]

Congratulations to ANDREW AND THE PRETTY PUNCHERS for a great show at the Canal Street Tavern last night. The fellas were on the 3rd leg of their 2008 GOODBYE OHIO Montgomery County World Tour. I estimated the Wednesday night crowd at about 140 although the Canal Street doorman had it closer to 31.

The new songs sound fantastic! even better than a bunch of the stuff on GOODBYE OHIO (GO), and if you've heard GO then you know that's saying something. Really catchy and poppier stuff. I say: "yum-yum . . . eat it up."

When I got home I was pretty pumped up and, believe it or not, I actually wrote a song. well, the lyrics anyway. It was pretty weird because you hear about how songs just come to songwriters. Well, I think that's what happened to me because once I got started it just kind of all spilled out. I was completely drained after the process. It felt like the words had been there inside of me all of the time, and I just had to get them out.

Let me know if anyone who would like to add some music to the following:


"bring it (to you)"
(k. smith)

i'm gonna bring it
bring it to you
you know i'm gonna bring it
cause that's what i do

bring it bring it
c'mon baby
why do you fight the fact
that it's being brought to you

now we've been down this road before
and you know what i mean
you can leave your pain at my door
cause i'm the best you've ever seen

bring it bring it
c'mon baby
why do you fight the fact
that it's being brought to you

it's been brought to you before
but never like this for sure (except by me, once)
you're going to a new place now baby
and i'm here to hold your hand within my hand

bring it bring it
c'mon baby
why do you fight the fact
that it's being brought to you

[repeat chorus]





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...that's pretty dang catchy, alright. Have you created an antidote yet? Just what is the *it* that is "being brought"? (btw, love the use of the passive past tense, nice touch)