Friday, July 3, 2009

Kevin (Smith), Senior . . . Citizen

.
. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . Kevin (Smith), Senior

. . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . Kevin (Smith), Senior Citizen


It is with mixed emotions that I report that on Wednesday, July 1st, 2009, the Year of our Lord, I, Kevin J. Smith received, for the first time in my life, a "senior discount."

I walked up to the counter of the downtown Dayton Goodwill store with one CD* and 4 record albums*.

As the clerk began to ring up my items she said "Are you a senior?"

I thought "wow - that's kinda flirty," but I decided to play along and so I slyly stated "No, actually I graduated last year."

The lady stopped ringing up my purchases and looked up at me over the top of her glasses and said fairly sternly "No sir - I mean are you 55-years-old? There is a 10% Senior Day discount on Wednesdays."

In an exaggerated joyful voice I said "Oh! I'm sorry! . . . Well by all means - sign me up!"

She said "There is nothing to sign - you just get the discount."

With a mock fist pump I said "Super! I guess I'll see you next Wednesday than!"

She mumbled a "Thank you for shopping at Goodwill" and I headed out the door.





*Please contact me if you are desirous of additional information regarding my purchases.
.

No comments: