Saturday, July 11, 2009

what i did on my lunch hour (a poem)



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (mmmm . . . yummy!)


what i did on my lunch hour

had me a blowme sammich
w/mayor naids, lotsa hotsa
salsa, eggs-
tra crispy let us
w/q cumber-some sliced red
tommy toes plucked freshly
from the garden of eatin' &
a big ol glassa moo juice.

for dessert i dim sum poultry
(writ this pome smatter of fat)
whilst sipping pretty thoughts
& whatnots of my sweet fren
restin' her skin
on my fingertip(sy)
w/love & our kisses
("hurzenmein" our lil jewish fren)
racing through our bodYES! like so
many white water rafts of affection
destined for our toes rubbing
together like sticks
starting another fire
w/our feets at the foot
of our bed to keep us warm

tonight.








(from the chapbook
whenallasudden!, 1994)
.

No comments: