Friday, November 6, 2009

Yet Another Friendly Overseas Ebay Customer!

.

I recently sold the above self-titled R&B CD by "Visions" to a gentleman in Japan named "Takiyuki." I thought that folks might enjoy the e-mail that Takiyuki sent to me soon after I notified him that the CD had been mailed:

Dear kevin

Thank you carefully. I sat up straight. If a CD arrives, I contact it by feedback. This time thank you for a precious CD. Then I look forward to the arrival.

thanks from Japan


:-)

Still more proof that there is something wonderfully endearing about a human being struggling to master the native language of another human being.

It makes me think that high level negotiations between nations might produce better results without interpreters. Afterall, it would be pretty difficult to maintain that "tough guy/tough gal" exterior if the parties involved were busy giggling at each other's linguistic clumsiness and having to help one another along.

By the way . . . I had to use a larger than usual envelope for Takiyuki's shipment. Not because of the contents, but because of his address:

2-1342-105 Kamimarukosannoucho Nakahara-ku
Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, 211-0002
JAPAN

.

No comments: