Sunday, November 22, 2009

Crunchy Gets A Slinky (I Thinky)

.

"crunch came slinkin'
.by my house last night"
.
(r. pollard)*



Pictured above is yours truly (aka "Crunchy," my childhood nickname). I'm not certain what the hell I am doing, but I believe that I might be showing off my new Slinky toy, or at least pretending that I am.

The photo is from the early 1960s, right before the Smith family moved to Dayton, and I distinctly remember becoming the proud owner of a Slinky just prior to the move from Piqua, Ohio to "the big city."

As a matter of fact, it looks like I may be demonstrating a very intricate trick that I was quite fond of called "Gravity," wherein I would hold one end of the Slinky toy at approximately eye level while letting the other end fall into my lower hand.

Pretty complex stuff.


Hey . . .

It was Slinky. It was Slinky. For fun the best of toys. It was Slinky. It was Slinky. The favorite of girls and boys.



Please listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZL6RGkPjws




*OK - so the actual lyric is "crutch came slinkin'/by my house last night" . . . Robert doesn't mind - trust me.


[ED. NOTE: Let me know if you have a different interpretation of the photo above. As always - be kind please.]


.

No comments: