Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Luck Be A Lady Tonight"

.

While walking over to Panera for lunch today I found a dime in the parking lot. I looked around to make sure that its rightful owner was not present. Actually, since it was resting in a handicap parking spot, I looked around twice before finally pocketing it.

When I got to Panera I ordered my usual chicken caesar salad, bag of chips, and two glasses of water (one w/ice and one w/o).

When my order was ready they said "Kevin" over the intercom. They always say that when I'm there. Sometimes when I notice that my order is almost ready I close my eyes and imagine that an old friend has just walked in, calling out my name.

Today I sat down with my lunch and immediately noticed that they had given me a bag of chips *and* an apple, when you're only supposed to get one of the two. I took my lunch tray back up to the counter. The woman working there said that I could keep the apple. I thought that was pretty nice.


I'm wondering if maybe the tables have started to turn. If I might be "on a roll" or something. I mean, a dime and an apple all within 15 minutes. You have to admit - that's some pretty good luck.

It's been kind of a rough year so I'm thinking that I should take this momentum and "run with it."

I figure if I can keep going at this pace, the sky's the limit.




"the tables have turned

.the apples have shifted
.the peaches and pears
.have switched positions"
.(a. smith, age 11)

.

No comments: