Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jesus! That Looks Like Jesus

.

"Anonymous" commented anonymously about the above photo:


"hey, is that Jesus or YOU . . . ??"


I wondered if anyone would catch that.

Believe it or not, it's actually Jesus' 11th grade class picture.

I was thrifting on Woodman Avenue last week and stumbled onto a Nazareth Bulldogs high school yearbook for the year 17.

Sure enough, the Big Guy was in it.

Jesus' extracurricular activities included: Glee Club 1, 2; Track & Field 3; Chess Club 1; Yearbook Committee 2; and Speech & Debate 1, 2, 3.

There was also a picture of classmate John The Baptist. Well, actually it was just a head shot.

The only other person I recognized in the yearbook was Mary Magdalene. Her lone extracurricular activity was Cheerleading 1, 2, 3. No surprise there I suppose.

I was a little surprised that Judas Iscariot wasn't included. I think that maybe by the year 17 he had already transferred to the school's crosstown archrival, the Jerusalem Lions.

.

3 comments:

patricia said...

I always thought there was something very special about you, Kevin. Could it be that you and the Christ are closely related?

kevin (smith) said...

"I always thought there was something very special about you, Kevin"

OMG! that is *too* weird! i have always thought that, too!

Anonymous said...

that piece was hilarous!!!