Saturday, December 12, 2009

eDisharmony



"Matchmaker, Matchmaker

.Make me a match
.Find me a find
.Catch me a catch"
.(F. on the Roof)



I just spent 45 minutes filling out the "eHarmony" dating service online questionnaire. It just seemed like the right thing to do on a Saturday night while alone in my apartment. . . :-)

It came back with 0 (i.e. zero) matches within a 120 mile radius of Dayton(?!)

I thought that was pretty freakin' hilarious.

Hell, I could have told them that without all of their damn prying and *repetitive* questions. I mean, sure - clicking on the box next to "Sexy, Very" is fun the first go round, but after doing it four or five times you start to lose interest, or worse - begin to wonder if *the questionnaire itself* is somehow electronically questioning the veracity of your response.

But anyway . . . I laughed heartily at the results, scratched my cat Marley behind the ears, and then strolled into the kitchen for a bowl of Corn Flakes.

A little later I turned on the TV.































Hey - what the hell. Life is full of bad stretches, and sometimes it gets pretty lonely, but all things considered - it's a wonderful life.

OK, that may be a bit of a stretch, but at the very least - it's the best one that we get.

If you don't believe me, just ask George Bailey.











.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, we're not surprised by that!!